3. What Types of Personal Information We May Collect. We may also collect Personal Information about you, which may include: Name, postal address, Zip Code, e-mail address, telephone number, primary account number, Card Expiry Date, card verification number for the payment cards that you are registering for the Service, Social Security Number, and other information that we can use to contact you, verify your identity, and manage risks, such as information maintained about you by identity verification services and consumer reporting agencies, including credit bureaus, and payment and other transaction information, and history for payments and other transactions in which you participate through the Service, and any Personal Information that you may enter into information blocks in the Application interface or on the Site.
4. How We May Collect Personal Information About You. We may collect Personal Information about you from the following sources:
a. Information that you input to the App or that the App collects automatically;
b. Your use of the App and the Service, and your interactions with customer care, including information you enter or speak, and information transmitted by your computer, cell phones and other devices you use to connect to the Site or Service and
c. We may also collect Personal Information about you from others, such as Affiliates, or other companies (such as for fraud detection).
5. Personal Information Choices: You have the ability to decide when your personal information is used. We will provide a notification seeking your consent to use information for purposes other than that of original collection. If you decline to submit personal information to any of our services we may not be able to provide those services to you.
6. Information Sharing: We may share your information in the following limited circumstances:
a. Your consent is given.
c. When reasonably necessary such as (a) satisfying enforceable government request, (b) upholding Terms of Service, or (c) areas pertaining to fraud or security.
7. How We May Use Personal Information About You: We use Personal Information about you only as permitted by law, including but not limited to the following purposes:
a. To complete transactions and render services authorized by you;
c. For marketing purposes - to offer products and services to you, although you may opt-out of receiving commercial email marketing messages from us by following the opt-out processes described in those messages.
d. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets that results in a change of the majority ownership of the App or the Service or the entity that owns them, you will be notified of this via email and/or a prominent notice on the App, as well as any material change in uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding Personal Information about you.
8. Other Important Information.
Vermont: Under Vermont law, we will not share information we collect about Vermont residents with companies outside of our Affiliates, unless the law allows. We will not share information about your creditworthiness with our Affiliates except with your consent, but we may share information about our transactions or experiences with you with our Affiliates without your consent.
California: Under California law, we will not share information we collect about you with Nonaffiliates, unless the law allows. For example, we may share information with your consent, to service your accounts, or to provide rewards or benefits you are entitled to. We will limit sharing among our Affiliates to the extent required by California law.
a. Affiliates: Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial or nonfinancial companies.
b. Nonaffiliates: Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial or nonfinancial companies.
c. Joint Marketing: A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
10. How We Protect Personal Information About You. To protect Personal Information about you from unauthorized access and use, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards, including but not limited to security measures that comply with applicable federal and state laws. We also require our service providers and business partners to whom we disclose the information to do the same. When you enter sensitive information (such as a debit or credit card number) into the App, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.